Sunday, May 31, 2009

Long weekend

It has been kind of a crazy weekend...

After all of our strawberry picking fun on Friday I went to bed early so I could get up at 5 am to go do a 13 mile walk. After 4+ hours of walking on Saturday morning, I spent a few hours a the church garage sale just to have the group I had arranged to pick up the leftovers not show up. Bummer. Now I have to find someone to come pick up the remaining treasures. We finished up Saturday with a trip to Sam's Club and movie night and had a fabulous lightning and hailstorm that kept me tossing and turning. 6 am came very early and the 7.5 mile walk this morning was quite brutal! my 3 walking buddies and I had some nice blisters to compare this morning - it seems that after 3 months walking in the same shoes I should not be getting blisters but it is happening whether I think it should or not! My newest is between my big toe and second toe...how the heck does that happen!

For the final bit of weekend fun I found out our oven is not working after I had started working on strawberry bread to use the strawberries that had to be used before they turned to mush. Fortunately my neighbor has a working oven and she accepted a couple of loaves of bread as payment!

Now I am off to get my online classes ready for class starts on Tuesday - hopefully it will be quick and painless!

1 comment:

Debi said...

I agree with you...seems like you've paid your dues by now and those dang blisters should be history!

Sorry about your oven, too. Hope you don't have to live without it for too long!