why I haven't been blogging much. I don't feel like I have very much to say. Surprisingly enough, I have been relatively mellow lately. I haven't gotten worked up over politics or stupid people or the fact that Kansas resembles a ring of hell complete with dead, brown grass and temperatures that make crying about them pretty pointless as the tears evaporate as soon as they are squeezed from the tear ducts. Although I am a little put out by the fact that I currently have no running water - it seems that Tonganoxie has been having a hard time keeping the water pipes together lately.
I did want to mention, though, that today marks Aaron's and my 13 year anniversary. If I weren't feeling so lazy, I would scan a nice wedding photo. We had the best wedding and reception ever (and I am TOTALLY unbiased). Aaron is still a wonderful husband, father, provider and garbage taker-outer. He puts up with a lot of craziness from me, and I am so happy that 13 years later, he hasn't run screaming into the night. Well, except for that one time. But he came back.
Anyway, Bryn tells me we have running water again. Time to go flush the toilets and rinse the breakfast dishes.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
It has come to my attention that there are actually a few people who stop in here to read and they have wondered where I have gone (thank you all 3 of you loyal readers!). The problem when I stay away so long is the need I feel to recap all of the events I have missed blogging about. So here it goes... We muddled through the spring and early summer. Here are some of the highlights...
- We celebrated the kids birthdays (10 and 4 - wow)
- Bryn finished 4th grade
- Grant had his last day of Parent's Day Out (onto preschool next year)
- Bryn and I took a Spring Break trip to St. Louis on the train with Riley and Victoria
- The Hunger Games move finally came out
- Bryn played soccer and took a theater class at the Arts Center
- Grant played blastball (a fast paced and kind of hilarious form of t-ball)
- I went to Vegas with Krista and got a tattoo (OK...it was only a temporary one. I still can't commit to a real one)
- I finished my tenure as Library Board president - yippee! Now I am treasurer...
- All of us visited Idaho and I went to Brave Girls Camp (more on that later, most likely)
- I survived another year of VBS. Probably more importantly, all of the kids survived another year of me at VBS
- All of the grandparents came for a visit (not all at the same time, although even that might work as they are all pretty well behaved!)
- We took a family canoe trip with friends
- Bryn went to Animal Camp for a week
- Aaron and I went on an adult canoe trip with friends and laughed our asses off all weekend. Actually, we laughed a lot but none of my ass disappeared in the process, unfortunately.
- I bought a guitar that I have no idea how to play.