Monday, May 18, 2009

Wrapping things up

Since Aaron and I both teach, it seems that my life still runs on semesters and this one is winding down. We have have a lot going on both related and unrelated to school.

My classes are over with the exception of getting final grades done and turned in and I am thrilled to have a little time off before the summer session starts. I honestly haven't even looked to see when summer classes start but it shouldn't be until at least the first of June so I plan to enjoy my brief teaching reprieve.

Bryn's last day of school is Thursday. It will be an adjustment to having two kids in the house full time again especially since Grant is beginning to get a little more curious about what lives inside cabinets and drawers. Fortunately for us he keeps most things out of his mouth so we haven't had any poisonings yet. He is still not standing up but he does pull up and get on his knees and is beginning to show some frustration about not being able to reach things that are up a little higher.

Bryn had her Dance Gala this weekend and I must say it was the most pleasant dance recital I have ever been to. They have four different Galas so you only have to attend the one your child is in and it is over in less than an hour and a half. And we didn't have to buy costumes - the only thing we had to buy was a little skirt to go over her leotard. It was great!

This week is blessedly quiet...I only have a handful of things on my calendar instead of the usual 8 million! We do have a busy, busy summer planned, though, so I am going to enjoy the downtime this week. Although I must admit that I have big plans to get some gardening done and get garage sale stuff together and organized. Those projects could potentially take about 2 weeks each, so I am sure I will not rest as much as I could!

I had a long walking weekend - 11.5 miles on Saturday and 5 miles yesterday. I took today off and my knees are feeling a little squishy, but the good news is that there have been no more kneecap dislocations!. I am also really close to having all of my money raised thanks to all of my awesome friends and family members. Hooray!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Rich would be jealous (so I won't tell him--lol)...this is finals week here (one of which he was supposed to give today, but had to have someone proctor because he has jury duty), but then the first summer session starts next week. So zero break between semesters here. Actually, he will have one week between the first summer session and the second. I also won't tell the boys about Bryn's last day, as they've still got over a month to go.

I sincerely hope you enjoy some chillin' out time, my dear. But I fear I know you too well, and can bet that you'll find some way to keep yourself overextended. ;) Seriously, girl, do some relaxing!!!!

And ummm, where are the pictures from Bryn's dance recital?!! Please. Pretty please.

Karen Hossink said...

Blessedly quiet sounds great.
Funny how my weeks that start off with "nothing" to do somehow end up as full as the rest of them. Hope yours remains quiet!