Saturday, May 23, 2009

Starting summer...

Bryn and I had quite a day yesterday. It started with her coming upstairs crying that the Wii wouldn't work. When I told her that crying indicated to me that maybe she shouldn't be playing Wii, she told me it was the worst day of her life, I am NOT the best mom ever and she wanted to be back in school. And then the pouting continued when I told her she would be taking a nap. We're off to a great start for the summer!

We went to a BBQ festival last night and ate some great BBQ and are heading out to the rodeo tonight and are going to eat fair food for dinner. Gotta love fair food!

I walked 12 miles this morning and my feet are aching like crazy. I also have a horrendous headache and am just hoping that I am not getting sick.

Bryn and Aaron went fishing this afternoon and when I asked Bryn if she caught anything she told me she caught a weeder fish, a stick fish and some slime fish. Our little comedian in the making...

5 comments:

Jean said...

Wait, you're not the best mom ever? Then who is? Someone Else's, and I have no idea where the Else family resides. I smiled so much at your description of the first day of summer vacation because it perfectly matched several I had along the way. Gotta laugh about 'em, because it sure beats crying.

I shall keep fingers and toes crossed (when possible) that you are not coming down with something. Headache, be gone!!!

gail@more than a song said...

I was always ready for summer when my kids were in school!
12 miles, are you kidding me, WOW! I need to get back to walking, hoping to remedy that this week.

Debi said...

Oh man, does that sound familiar! When Max starts crying 'cause he's frustrated about something on his DS, I know it's time for it to be put away for a few weeks.

NO GETTING SICK!

Melissa said...

We're the same way with Shane and Logan's games. If they argue or get fussy they're done. Yesterday it was the airsoft guns...

Karen Hossink said...

Her worst day ever, AND you aren't the best mom? I think your daughter's male counter-part lives in my house. Only he has never told me I am not the best mom. He goes straight for the punch by telling me I'm the worst mom.
Lord, have mercy on us this summer! *grin*