Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Learning something new everyday

Did you know that a power surge/outage can blow the control panel on your kitchen appliances? And that it costs about $250 to replace one? And that a $4 outlet surge protector can keep your oven, fridge and dishwasher safe but you can't do anything about the oven? I think this is one of those times when I could have lived without this little piece of information! I guess I am thankful it was only the oven and the rest of the appliances are OK!

It has been a busy morning already...kitchen remodeler guys here, garage sale stuff dropped off in my garage, appliance repairman here, attempted walk (abandoned after 1/4 mile due to rain), and a soaking wet baby after an adventure in the pet water bowl when I temporarily forgot I had a baby while all of this was going down before 9:30 am! I think it is time for a nap!

Bryn started Camp Invention yesterday and she had a great time. Not that I got any information about it out of her, but she was jumping up and down and just full of energy when I picked her up. According to the daily newsletter, they are building a land slide, going on Viking treasure hunt, taking apart small appliances, designing a comic book and creating their own inventions. She's loving it!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Do they have Camp Invention for adults or people whose age makes them one? I wanna go!

Debi said...

Wow! Camp Invention sounds fabulous!

Debi said...

I just went and looked them up on-line. So cool! There's even one not too far from here, but unfortunately it's out of our league price-wise. Especially to send both boys. Oh well.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am reminded that I am glad I live in an apartment since yardwork & replacing/fixing appliances are not *my* headache. Yuck.