Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's almost time!

Hard to believe the time has come...we will head to the hospital tomorrow at 10 am and I should be out of recovery by 3:30 or so. I had a bit of a scare at the doc's office today - she thought I would be 39 weeks tomorrow instead of 38 and she generally doesn't schedule c-sections before 39 weeks. Aaaaaaah! But my blood pressure was up today and she said she was comfortable going ahead if I was, so now we are hoping for the best and fully developed lungs. With the gestational diabetes, lung development can be slowed but since my sugars have been well controlled hopefully everything is O.K. And if it's not I can beat myself forever over it and have another baby in the NICU - what could be more fun?

The hospital has wireless, so I likely won't be able to resist sharing pictures once I am able to sit up. I'll be back soon!

6 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to see that perfect little guy. We'll be thinking of you! (And we know you mean you will not be able to resist sharing photos as soon as you can sit & have opened up that bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs.;-) )

gail@more than a song said...

Oooh, exciting! Good luck and hope you do well. And pictures will always be fun to see!

kreed said...

Dawn-

Exactly right!

Debi said...

Oh man, I cannot believe the day has arrived! It seems like just yesterday you found out you were pregnant! And even if you don't feel up to posting pics today, make Aaron do it, okay?

Didn't they give the steroid shots? (Not that they necessarily make any difference.) Guess they figured you were far enough along, huh?

May everything go as smoothly and painlessly as possible! Oh my, you'll soon be holding that precious little guy. I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

Love you all!

kreed said...

Debi-

No steroid shots - we didn't even discuss it. Since I am not preterm and since there is debate about whether or not they actually work I think it wasn't really an option. We're out of here in about 1/2 hour...I'll be in touch soon!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, wonderful, exciting news! Hope it all goes well for everyone. Take care of you and baby :)