Saturday, March 1, 2008

Exciting times...

We had a big week here...

Bryn's birthday was Thursday - hard to believe she is 6! We didn't do a whole lot on the actual day. I sent cupcakes to school and Aaron, Bryn and I went out to dinner. She opened presents and we sent her to bed before she got to play with much since it was so late, but she has definitely made up the playtime since! Her birthday party is today and we have somewhere between 15 and 25 kids coming (nobody RSVPs these days!), so it should be an adventure. Thank goodness we are doing it at the gymnastics academy and they take care of all of it - we just bring cake, plates, cups and the checkbook. Bryn wanted a "puppy" party, so I have puppy themed goodie bags to stuff before 3 pm, but I think I can get it done. And we managed to talk her into having the kids bring items to donate to the animal shelter rather than gifts - I thought 20+ gifts would be a bit extreme!

The playhouse is coming along very nicely...Really all that is left is the wiring and finishing the inside walls. Bryn will be lucky if she gets to play in it much...my friends and I are thinking it would be quite a nice mommy retreat...



Aaron's ankle is healing pretty well, but it still looks pretty nasty...

And just in case some of you are worried that we will make it through life without attending a childbirth class, we were able to reschedule for next Sunday. we can't wait for our 7 1/2 hours of instruction...

Lastly, if you're inclined to add someone else to your prayer list, Memaw (my step-grandmother) went to the doc for a follow up scan and they found a couple suspicious looking lymph nodes. It is a setback after having a clear scan last time and getting to feeling good after the last round of chemo and radiation, but she remains positive and ready to take what comes.

7 comments:

Debi said...

That is so cool about the animal shelter gifts!!! (That's what Annie was going to do last year for her birthday, but luckily we ended up talking her out of having a party altogether.)

Whoa...what an awesome playhouse! What a lucky, lucky girl!

I'm so sorry about your Memaw! I do hope all takes a turn for the better!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great birthday and great idea for the gifts! What a fabulous playhouse! I can't wait 'til Ruthi is big enough that we can build one of those for her! (I want her to be big enough that she can go out and play in it by herself so I don't have to spend hours out there which would be the case if she had one now!)

Glad the ankle is healing! Sorry about your Memaw - prayers that all will be ok!

gail@more than a song said...

That playhouse is the BEST! How much fun will that be; and yes it does look like a good mommy place, I would so love to have a place out back to go to spread out all my sewing. :)

Sorry to hear about your Memaw, saying a prayer for her.

Karen Hossink said...

What a great looking playhouse!!! (Can't say as much for the ankle. LOL!) I'm sure Bryn will have a wonderful time in it.
And I like the idea of a mommy retreat, too.
Hmmmm, I'm looking out back at the shed...Nah! It's too dirty. :(

~**Dawn**~ said...

Forget about that. *I* am moving into the playhouse. I will offer babysitting services in lieu of rent. Deal? ;-)

kreed said...

Dawn-

I think we could work something out...I'd be loving a sitter after some of those sleepless nights coming up in a month or so!

Susan said...

Good night that is QUITE A HOUSE! I might need that for my "pink room"!! What a special place for your sweet little girl. I love the picture of her peeking out the window.