Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Are you kidding?

I did not expect to be blogging today, but here I am am. Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes for my surgery - it meant a lot to me to have so many people thinking of me.

Now for the "are you kidding" part...I did not have surgery because I had a positive pregnancy test! Quite an unexpected turn of events as I have had hormonal issues for a while and getting pregnant was not something that was expected to happen without some medical intervention. I guess that just goes to show that there is a bigger plan than I can understand or anticipate. It is sooooo very early still (I am most likely not even 5 weeks pregnant), but I figured I better go ahead and tell as I couldn't figure out how to explain why I am not going to be laid up and recovering from the surgery! The surgeon said the surgery can happen during the second trimester if I am having problems (like may happen if the lumps are endometriomas) or it can happen later if I don't have any problems.

O.K. So I think that's enough news from me for one day...

8 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Oh Wow! I think it's great news! I hope it all goes really well for you.
I always thought it was good that the Lord gave us 9 months to be pregnant because sometimes we need that time to adjust and be ready!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh Kara, how wonderful! Congratualtions!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

OH! MY! WORD! :O)

I am so happy for you! How exciting! I would have loved to have seen your face when you heard the news! I bet it was priceless!!

Life is looking good for y'all! A new house! A new baby! What a blessing!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Well that's quite a surprise huh? At least it's something pleasant. =) I bet you're still a little shocked. I remember when my friend Alison found out about her number three due late next month. She was in for a routine exam & her doctor mentioned it casually while she was... ummmm... in a compromising position. She said she just about kicked him between the eyes, she popped up so fast. LOL! I hope everything goes well for you!

Jean said...

Congratulations! It's probably safe to say none of your readers saw that one coming, but then it sounds as though you didn't either. Thanks for the early-morning smile here!

Karen Hossink said...

Well, how about that!!!
I have another friend who had a surgery postponed under the same circumstances. She was taking "free" birth control pills at the time and someone told her, "I guess you get what you pay for!"
My friend named her surprise baby Walker Graham, thinking God must have big plans for his future...maybe a President or an evangelist.
Soooo, quite the turn of events. But God wasn't surprised!
Congrats to you.

Jennifer said...

Wow! What surprising and amazing news! I'd say that's a very good reason to postpone surgery! I imagine that was quite a surprise for sure! Congratulations - on the new baby and the house! Now RELAX and take care of yourself!

Debi said...

If there was any bright spot to having our computer down, it was getting to call you and hear this incredible news from the horse's mouth. (Not that I think of Aaron as a horse, mind you.) You already know how unbelievably happy I am for you all, but I couldn't pass up the chance to pop in here and say so again. Congratulations!

(I just so wish we were there to share in this happy time! I've always wished so much that we didn't have to witness Bryn's growing up from so far away. It was always so special that Annie had you guys when she was little...she loved you and Aaron nearly as much as she loved us, I think! Okay, she might have even loved Aaron more. LOL)

Anyway, congratulations to you all! I'm just bursting with happiness!