Tuesday, July 10, 2007

There's no place like home!

We signed the papers today to make an offer on the house - it is so exciting! If all goes well, we will close on August 2nd and then begin the 2 mile trek back and forth between new and old to move all of our stuff! We obviously have quite a way to go between now and then as far as working out details and particulars, but it feels good to have the ball rolling.

My biopsy results came back and although it did show abnormal cells, there was evidently nothing scary going on. I'll go back in 6 months for a recheck. Although I didn't get too worked up over this particular problem, it is still a load off to know there is nothing to worry about at this point.

The bridesmaid dress saga continues...the dresses won't be in until the end of August so there will be a little over a month to have the thing altered. Hopefully the dress and I will be about the same size and all that will need to be done is a little (O.K., a lot since I am only 5'1") hemming. Or some seamstress will have to perform a miracle. We'll see...

I'm off to cook dinner and then head out to a Friends of the Library meeting. Before the meeting I have to frantically update the checkbook in an attempt to give an accurate and current report of the finances - who thought that the person who can barely get receipts entered into Quicken would be a good treasurer? Fortunately the Friends does not do many major money transactions!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my gosh...that is exciting!!! When will you hear if they're accepting your offer? So happy for you! That house is absolutely gorgeous!!!

And frankly, I think I'm even more happy that the biopsy results were promising! I hope when that 6-month check rolls around, you get a definite all-clear!

Jennifer said...

Oh how exciting!! I hope everything goes very smoothly and you won't have any bumps or even ripples in the road!

Glad to hear there's nothing to worry about - that's got to be a relief! I can't imagine just not knowing for sure! I'll still keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I hope your offer is accepted and y'all can start having *fun*! 2 miles away isn't bad at all!!

So glad your results were what they were. I am not looking forward to my next one in a few weeks. I've had so many of them, I should be used to it. I juat wanna have the surgery and get it over and done with. Gotta wait til' I'm completely healed from birth, though. Ack!