Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to School

Bryn headed back to school this morning. I had to drag her out of bed this morning at 7:30 - strange how she was up and ready to go by 7:00 or before for the whole break but was soooooooo tired today!

So I guess it is back to "normal" for all of us. I have vowed to schedule less to do this year. I really enjoyed the downtime of the last couple of weeks when the calendar was empty so I am going to attempt to keep the activities to a minimum. That being said, there is already plenty on the calendar that I have committed myself or my family to - library board, church missions, Girl Scouts, Bunco, music and movement class for Grant, Wednesday night church - so we will be plenty busy even if I do manage to not add anything else!

Bryn had a great weekend at Grandma and Grandpas. She evidently didn't get out of her jammies and ate a lot of ice cream. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

We have decided to go ahead and have Grant's tongue tie fixed. After months of agonizing over it, I am now more paranoid about his speech developing properly than the risks of a short surgical procedure. The pediatric ENT has said it can be done without IV anesthesia, so barring a problem it should be less than 15 minutes from start to finish and done with just gas to knock him out.

I hope to get Christmas decorations taken down today and tonight and put away the last of the Christmas gifts over the next few days. I am glad those activities occur inside as there is still a lot of snow outside and it is REALLY cold! I feel like I am back in Laramie with the temps hovering around zero and 6+ inches of snow on the ground. I don't miss the 90+ days, though, so I am just going to enjoy the winter wonderland!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Had to laugh about the needing to drag Bryn out of bed for school thing...that is such a Gray thing, too!

Your lightened load cracks me up, Kara! That's enough to have my head spinning...way to busy for me!!!