Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I guess I might as well...

catch up a little on my blogging as long as I am awake anyway. I am really ready for the day that Grant decides sleeping is a better idea than crying. Maybe when he is a teenager!?!?

Mom and John were in town this weekend to visit. John and Aaron headed to the NASCAR races and had a good time. Mom and the kids and I went to pick apples. It was a lot of fun until we got home and realized something had to be done with all of those apples! So we put together 11 apple pies, 2 apple cakes, 2 loaves of apple bread and I still have 4 gallon bags of chopped apples in the freezer. But we learned a valuable lesson for next year - some of the big, juicy apples can stay on the tree!

I am still woefully behind on just about everything...class, house cleaning, blogging and blog reading, birthday and thank you cards and gifts. I don't see myself digging out of the pile of stuff on my to do list anytime soon, either!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh I do hope he starts sleeping through soon. That's the hardest part (in my opinion)! I love fresh apples. We just don't get them here in our neck of the woods. But your story reminds me of when we strawberry pick and end up with too much.

Hugs,

Susan

Karen Hossink said...

Mmmmm. I'm thinking warm apple pie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Can I come over??? *grin*
Thought you'd like to know - Joshua's Praying Mantis laid an egg sac last night. (Not the BIG one...) Anyway, none of last year's egg sacs hatched, so we're hoping this one will!