Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My baby is growing!

Grant had his 6 month check up today...

He weighs 17 lbs 2 oz and is 26 inches tall. He is still under the 50th percentile for weight which is really hard to believe if you see the size of his thighs!

We will see an ENT doc next week to find out whether or not we need to get his little tongue clipped (it is attached way up front and he can't stick it out past his lower lip). I just hope they won't have to put him under general anesthesia to do it if it needs to be done.

Bryn, Grant and I are headed to Memphis on Friday to see Mema and as an added bonus I will get to meet my new niece and see lots of other family, too!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I Can't believe he's 6 months old already! I hope if he has to have that done, that it is easy and painless for him. Have a safe and fun trip!

Susan said...

My gosh it seems like just yesterday he was born. I hope you had a great trip and that the kids enjoyed it too.

Hugs,

Susan

gail@more than a song said...

I can't believe he's six months!
Memphis, I'm only about 2 1/2 hrs from there but just never go there!

Debi said...

I couldn't help but giggle a bit...Max weighed in at 17 pounds at his one year check-up, and he was huge compared to Bryn. So the difference for you must be utterly mind-boggling at times, huh?

Give your mom a hug for me, o.k.? Have a safe trip! And enjoy your time with your Mema...I hope she's feeling well for your visit so you all can have a wonderful time together!

Karen Hossink said...

My Joshua has that tongue issue, too. But it isn't as severe as Grant's sounds. He likes it because when he sticks his tongue out, the center is pulled slightly in. Calls it his snake tongue! (Hmmmm, maybe that's why he likes bugs so much? Never thought of that!)