Thursday, October 18, 2007

Relief...hopefully!

I finally have a prescription in my hot little hand that will hopefully help me with the reflux. It was quite a long, drawn out and expensive process to get it filled, but hopefully it will be worth the pain and trauma!

Bryn was out of school today...we went shopping for clothes (maternity for me, nightgowns and footed jammies for her) and then went to the bookstore. We managed to leave with only one book for Bryn, But I then had to stop by the elementary schools Scholastic book sale where I bought her a few more. I did get through the day without purchasing any books for myself - only because I have a pile of library and loaner books I need to get through!

Clarissa got to go tot he vet today - she threw up A LOT for about 24 hours. she is acting fine, but I just wanted to get her checked out. She seems to be doing better and I am thrilled to be cleaning up less cat barf!

Bryn is headed to Grandma and Grandpa's tomorrow and Aaron is going to be gone to the K-State/Oklahoma State football game Saturday. I am planning on reading, relaxing and doing some holiday shopping. I am looking forward to it!

I am looking forward to "Grey's Anatomy" tonight, although I must admit I can't get into George and Izzy...I feel like I should like them together, but I just don't. We'll see how it goes...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hope the meds do the trick for you and you don't have to deal with the reflux anymore!

Beautiful cat!!

I'm having mixed feelings about George and Izzy too - still haven't decided how I feel about the whole situation. I dvr'd last nights episode, so I need to watch it before I hear anything that may ruin it for me! With all that's on my plate today though, it may not happen as quickly as I'd like!

Have a great weekend!

Debi said...

I do hope the new medicine is just what you need! And if so, I sure hope getting refills will be far less painful than getting it filled in the first place.

Glad to hear Clarissa's okay! I don't know if I've told you, but the boys still talk about Harvey on nearly a daily basis. He is such a lovable guy, I can see why. I think Clarissa hid from them (smart cat!) most of the time, so she didn't make as big an impression.

Enjoy a day a relaxing! You most certainly deserve it! What are you reading these days?

Debi said...

Hi again!
I enjoy those Stephanie Plum books, too! I've only read the first 5, but really ought to get back to them one of these days. How can you argue with a book that makes you laugh right out loud, huh?

Susan said...

I hope you all are feeling better. That cat is gorgeous. Is it a blue point siamese? I had one that I loved. Now we have a grey cat.

Have a great weekend.

:-) Susan

kreed said...

Susan-

Clarissa is a blue point Himalayan which is a Siamese/Persian mix. she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but she is pretty and pretty sweet!