Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gone and home again

I am staying put in town at home for a whole week this time! I just got back from Chicago yesterday. My cousin Julie and I went to visit our grandparents. I also got to see Dustin and Dad and Cheryl while I was there so it was a lot of fun. Also a lot of action for a 3 day trip! It is always kind of hard to visit my grandparents at this point as both have physically deteriorated and my grandfather has mentally deteriorated as well. I just feel helpless not knowing what to do and obviously not being able to fix it - as a controlling personality that is not an easy thing to deal with! It was nice to just sit and visit, though, and it is nice to be reminded that they have great help to take care of both of them.

I will leave for Chicago again next Wednesday for the walk - I am getting nervous as I haven't been walking as often as I should be, but I am hoping the excitement and adrenaline and the previous training will be enough to get me through the 60 miles. I can't wait to see what this whole event will be like - I am ready for a tiring and inspiring time. I figure just the road trip there and back will be a blast so the whole trip is bound to be a real adventure!

The kitchen is currently in quite a state. The countertops should be in today, but in the meantime I am trying to figure out how to make a sandwich without a counter or a sink. Guess I will just have to eat out until it is all done!

The kids are doing well...Grant has started saying a few words including "Daddy". Of course Aaron is thrilled and I am hoping to get a "Mommy" sooner or later. I am not holding my breath, though - I rank in importance well below Daddy, Sissy and the pets so there are quite a few names to go before I top the list! Bryn is at Camp Invention again this week and I am looking forward to a couple of nice long afternoon naps!

No comments: