Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Feeling better

I am feeling better...my blood sugar seems to be stabilizing as I follow the diet so I am encouraged. I have been going for a walk every day - a slightly unpleasant experience as the temps have been hovering right around freezing. As long as there is no wind it isn't too bad, but even with wind it is worth it if it keeps me away form insulin injections! There is no telling how things will go as time goes on, but I figure one day at a time is about all I can handle at this point. I will see the perinatologist on Thursday and we'll see what she says then.

I am suffering form pregnancy brain as I seem to forget something I need to do everyday. Today I forgot to take cookies to church for a funeral dinner and delivered them to the door about 3 minutes before the dinner started. I am afraid to think of what I don't ever remember that I am forgetting...

Class starts tomorrow and I already have students emailing me with one issue or another. I was hoping for a good group to make my life easier - I suppose there is still a possibility I'll have great students but spring is always rougher than the fall. I have never been able to figure out exactly why...spring fever maybe?

Elmer and I are headed to dog obedience class tonight. It should be an interesting experience as Elmer doesn't listen to anything I say if we are out of the house. Too much other stuff to pay attention to, I guess.

4 comments:

Debi said...

Oh Kara...I am soooo happy for you! I do hope things continue to improve! As much as anything else, I'm thrilled that you sound like you're feeling better emotionally. You have been on my mind constantly. And will undoubtedly stay there. Good luck at the perinatologist! Please be sure to let me know how it goes. My fingers and toes will be crossed...heck, I'll even cross my eyes if you think it will help! Take care, sweetie!

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear you are doing better. I know it can't be much fun to have to deal with all this instead of just totally enjoying the pregnancy. Hope you can keep everything regulated with what you're doing so you won't have to have the injections! I'm praying things will go smoothly for you for the rest of this time, and you will have a wonderful, full-term delivery!

kreed said...

Debi and Jennifer-

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

Karen Hossink said...

OK, I don't have pregnancy brain. I'm not pregnant!
So what's my excuse for forgetting things???