Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice storms and stomach bugs

We have had an exciting few days here...the whole area is pretty much closed due to ice. Interestingly enough, the roads are clear as can be but the rain is coming down and freezing on trees and power lines. We have been very fortunate as our power was only out for about a half hour this morning. There was no school today and no school tomorrow, so we are just hanging out and getting stuff done at home.

Bryn has a stomach bug...I think we are at the end of it and I am hoping to avoid it myself. We'll see how that goes...

I had another sonogram today and everything is going well. Baby boy (definitely a boy, BTW) is growing perfectly and evidently has very long arms and big feet. My blood pressure was up a bit today, but the doc wasn't concerned so neither am I. I'll go next Wednesday for my final check to get the all clear to head to Maui...I guess if we can't go we'll have to create our own luau at home and hang out in our bathing suits!

5 comments:

Debi said...

Bathing suits in Kansas in winter...hope it doesn't come to that!

And I sure hope Bryn if feeling better now! Poor thing! Not right being sick when you get the day off of school!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you avoid the ickies! I imagine that has to be even less fun when you're pregnant.

I am cracking up at you having your own luau at home in your bathing suits. It made me think of the episode of Friends when Joey raises the temperature in the apartment, trying to get the girls to walk around in their bathing suits (or was it their underwear... I forget now -- oh well, I guess I will be able to re-watch all my Friends DVDs since the writers' strike looks like it's forcing all current tv shows to air their season finales now -- but I digress...)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, I am glad you dodged the bullet with the ice. I was worried you were in that "no power, out 7-10 days" area. Which is a nightmare. Hope Bryn feels a lot better soon :)

Jennifer said...

Glad your power wasn't off too long. We've been having high 70's weather the past few days - it's ridiculous! I don't want any ice, but I sure would love some snow!
I hope you get the ok for your trip. How awesome - a tropical Christmas (but by choice!!)

Debi said...

Hello!

I'm stopping by to let you know that I've set up a separate blog for the What's in a Name? challenge. I hope you'll be able to stop by once in while to see what contests are going on and to leave links to any reviews you write. Thanks again for joining!

--Annie