Monday, August 4, 2008

An update

I have been waiting to blog until I had new pictures to post but I can't seem to get around to getting them into my computer, so I decided not to wait anymore.

We have had a good couple of weeks...

Girl's night out was great - it is always nice to hang out and have a few drinks sans kids!

Grant is a healthy 13 pounds 2 ounces and gaining more weight by the day. His little thighs are just huge now and he has chub on his kneecaps. A far cry from our bird-legged Bryn! Grant is also eating some cereal now and thinks it is the greatest thing ever. He also is now on a new reflux med and hardly spits up at all and the problems with feeding have all but stopped...it is fabulous! Now if we can just get him sleeping for longer stretches at night he'll be the most perfect baby ever! :)

I have some fillings that need to be replaced...my dentist tells me they don't last forever. Too bad as new ones sound like not a lot of fun and require money that I am sure I could spend on something much more interesting.

We have been busy with playdates, soup kitchen stuff, buying school supplies and house cleaning...some of those things obviously more entertaining than others. Bryn is scheduled to go stay with Grandma and Grandpa for a few days this week so grant and I will be hanging by ourselves during the day. We'll likely sleep a lot as the conversation tends to be kind of one sided!

6 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Glad to get the update Kara, and so glad you guys are doing well. Grant sounds like such a good baby. Hope you get a chance to post some pictures eventually. I don't know how you have any time for the computer!

Enjoy your week, hope you catch up on your sleep!

Susan said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. 13 pounds??? He's really growing.

I'm glad you've enjoyed yourselves this summer. They grow so quickly.

:-) Susan

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean about waiting for pics to post. My problem is I always want to have time to edit them first - remove red eyes, lighten dark pics, etc. - and I fall far, far behind! I have good intentions of keeping up, but life doesn't always slow down for blogging!

Can't wait to see new pics of your little angel. Sorry about the fillings - that stinks!

Debi said...

Oh my goodness, it's probably getting close to time for Bryn to head back to school, huh? First grade...man, doesn't the thought of that just kill you?!!

Grant must weigh more than twice what Bryn did at this age, huh? So glad to hear he's doing so well! And I know you've got no time, but I'm still dying to see more pictures!

Sorry about the fillings. Ugh.

gail@more than a song said...

It's hard to believe school is starting soon!
It doesn't seem fair that fillings don't last forever! No fun to have to get them redone.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Mmmm... chubby baby kneecaps. =) Is there anything on this earth more wonderful?