Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Everyday stuff

I am stewing over a political post at the moment, but decided it might be a good time to throw in a "Fun in the Life of the Reeds" post in the meantime.

Mom and John were up for race weekend and we had a great time, as usual. The most exciting thing to me was our new headsets - we can talk during the race through the headsets. A real necessity for someone like me who can only be silent for more than 5 minutes if I am sleeping.




October saw the end of our pool construction - a welcome relief to all involved. We got to swim a handful of times before the heater (really our bank account) just couldn't get the water warm enough in the cool weather. We are looking forward to enjoying it in the spring when all of the trials of the build are behind us!


I was part of my friend Barb's 40th birthday celebration we stayed in KC for the weekend and had a great time doing "girl" stuff - manis, pedis, shopping, going out. A good time was had by all!




Grant, Bryn and I went to San Francisco to visit the newest family member - baby Zeke! We got to see and stay with aunts and uncles and cousins and had a wonderful time. Dad and Cheryl met us there and we had a great time. Grant was not a fan of flying - when we got on the plane he screamed. I later deduced from his comments that he was scared the plane was going to fall out of the sky, but promises of sea lions and fish got us through the two legs of the trip on the way out there.



3 comments:

Debi said...

OMGoodness, Grant is soooo big! How did this happen?!!
And your pool is so big, too! (Or at least it looks that way in the photo.) And so blue!
Awww...and Zeke--could he be any more adorable?!!
Oh Kara, I just love, love, love these posts!!!!

kreed said...

The kids are both growing up - I don't know how it happens so fast!

I think you should come for a visit to see how big the pool is for yourself! :)

And Zeke is a cutie...and we just got the good news that he will be part of the family for at least another 6 months!

gucci handbags said...

I promise a desire to hope that the friends of mine are happy have not put like oneself happiness with coming the warm Christmas to like in every year's this time sending to my blessing Merry Christmas