Monday, June 16, 2008

Can't catch up

I just can't seem to get my act together and catch up on things. And Aaron is leaving town on Saturday for 5 days - I think I am going to be in this eternal state of being so far behind I can't see straight for a while.

We did have a nice cross-country trip. It was great to see my grandparents and Mema (who is done with radiation and we are now just praying for clear scans for the next several months and beyond) and I was able to catch up with some old grade school and high school friends while we were in Memphis. It is always fun to hang out with those people who really "remember you when..." and talk about old times (even if it does bore the spouses to tears!).

Bryn had a great time in Idaho with Nana and Grandpa. After a week of swimming, horseback riding, camping, going to the park, playing the Wii and a bunch of other fun stuff she is pretty bored around here. We are not nearly as entertaining!

Bryn is going to VBS this week and has started swimming lessons. Next week is VBS at our church (I got roped into helping with science - God help me!). Grant is getting another cold and this time he has a lot of chest congestion and a cough to go with it. and we finally have a plan to get the front flower bed filled with something besides weeds- now I just have to find the time to get it done! Whew!

Jeremiah (my half brother) just called to say his wife Mesha is pregnant. There is a cousin explosion going on in the family right now - pretty cool! There will be 3 babies born within a year of each other...crazy!

Off to try to catch up on laundry, housecleaning and the mail pile that is about as high as an elephant's eye...

4 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I can't seem to catch up and I DON'T have a baby at home like you! VBS week will do that too, did do that recently. It'll all get done eventually, just go with the flow and enjoy the time!

Debi said...

Just do the best you can do, and call it "good". That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

How cool for Grant that he's going to have a pile of cousins his own age to play with, huh? Gray was part of one of those baby explosions in Rich's family, when there were three baby boys born within 4 1/2 months of one another.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I swear, I can't catch up if I get behind as a single girl. I can't imagine what happens when you have a husband & kids!

Jean said...

Baby explosions, eh? My two kids will never have first cousins of the same generation, as neither my brother nor my husband's want kids. Makes me sort of sad that they'll never experience that relationship.